StartEngine is an equity crowdfunding platform used by businesses to raise capital for their ventures. Having raised over $500 million for companies and having taken a major market share, StartEngine is one of the leading platforms when it comes to crowdfunding. Here are some things you should know.
- 7% of amount raised, plus another 2% of what was raised in equity
- Another $10,000 in deferred revenue when the offering ends
- Heavily into tech and development
- Kevin O’Leary aproves!
- Disclosing – articles of incorporation and board resolution, as well as information about the business and its key executives
- Verified financials over the past two years if raising over $100K – over $1M you need full financial audit
- There is an application and approval process for your company
Success & Sizing
- $650M Raised in CF raises, 750 Rounds Funded
- 1 Million + members
- ~29 % market share in 2022 in Reg CF raises
- Boxabl: Raised over $4.9M USD with over $100M crowdfunded total
- Jet Token: Raised over $6.6M USD and still funding – $124M valuation
- Spero CBD: Raised over $1M USD
- Launch in 4-6 weeks after applied
- Also does Reg A raises
- StartEngine does not help raise funds with companies that directly touch or manipulate the marijuana, plant, seed, or fiber.